One question we hear quite often is “what should I pack for the hospital stay”?
- Cell phone and charger
- Laptop and charger
- Camera, bring batteries if they are required or charger
- Tylenol or Advil (the hospital can not give this to you if YOU have a headache)
- YOUR medication – anything that you take regularly
- Comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting stained
- Coins for vending machines and extra cash for food
- Anything of special comfort for your child, blanket, stuffed animal, tablet, etc.
- Extra binkies if they use them
- Bottles if they only take a certain kind (hospital may provide)
- Breast pump if needed (hospital may provide)
- Formula (hospital may provide)
- ***A boppy if you have one
- Zip up or button up clothes for baby to go home in
- Toiletries – although typically you can ask and the hospital will provide
- Journal and pen so you can write down your thoughts if you like
- Books or magazines
- Baby’s favorite toys for comfort and familiarity
- Your own towels (hospital towels are small and scratchy) if you have room
- Flip-flops or shower shoes
- If possible a bed cushion/memory foam to sleep on, your own pillow and get yourself a comfy blanket.
- BRING YOUR STROLLER – you are going to want to walk, walk, walk!
- We have heard that a booster or any type of “seat” that will prevent a fall is helpful
- Always bring an 8×10 printed photo of your child to hang on his/her crib
If you need any help while you are in the hospital, we are always a phone call away 888-572-5526
Contact Cranio Care Bears and apply for a Care Package. Apply here