1250 Waters Place Tower 2, 6th Floor,
Location : Bronx, NY 10461
Phone: 718-405-8337 / 212-988-3303
Dr. Tepper is a board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in craniofacial reconstructive surgery for children and adults After graduating with honors from the University of Michigan, Dr. Tepper attended the New York University School of Medicine. Among the top of his class, Dr. Tepper was elected to the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha society, and also awarded the Solomon and Dora Shapiro Award for excellence based on scholarship and character.
Following medical school, Dr. Tepper carried out his plastic surgery training at the world-renowned Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, NYU Langone Medical Center. At the completion of his formal plastic surgery training, he was selected for an additional fellowship in craniofacial surgery, under the guidance of craniofacial pioneer Dr Joseph McCarthy. Dr. Tepper currently holds the position of Assistant Professor at Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and is a member of the multidisciplinary craniofacial team at Montefiore Medical Center
His clinical interests include craniosynostosis, cleft lip and palate, vascular tumors, post-traumatic deformities. nasal reconstruction, complex rhinoplasty, and ear reconstruction.He has been an invited speaker at various meetings and institutions around the world, and is the author of over forty book chapters and journal articles ranging on various topics in craniofacial surgery. His pioneering work in areas such as 3D virtual surgical planning, have earned him a number of awards from national organizations including the Plastic Surgery Education Foundation (PSEF) and the Plastic Surgery Research Council (PSRC).
Key publications in craniofacial surgery include
- Warren SM, Tepper OM. Craniofacial Embryology. Plastic Surgery Secrets Elsevier, 2010
- McCarthy JGM, Grayson BG, Hopper R, Tepper OM. Craniofacial Microsomia. Plastic Surgery (Neligan)
- Tepper OM, Menezes AR, McCarthy JG. Bony Platform: The 4th Tenet of Nasal Reconstruction. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery
- Rosenberg J, Medow N, Tepper OM. Strabismus in Craniosynostosis. Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismis.
- Doscher M. Bent, J, Garfein E, Tepper OM.. Neonatal Mandibular Distraction Osteogenesis: Converting Virtual Surgical Planning Into An Operative Reality. International Journal of Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Goodrich JT, Sandler AL, Tepper OM. A Review of Materials for Use in Craniofacial Surgery Bone Fixation materials, Bone Substitutes, Distractors. Child’s Nervous System. 2012; 28(9); 1399-1406.
- Goodrich JT, Staffenberg DS, Tepper OM. Craniosynostosis: Posterior 2/3rd cranial vault reconstruction using bioresorbable plates and a PDS suturelattice in sagittal and lambdoid synostosis. Child’s Nervous System. 2012; 28;1399-1406
- Tepper OM, Hirsch D, Levine J, Garfein E. The New Age of Virtual Surgical Planning in Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2012;130;192-194
- Tepper OM, Sorice S, Hershman G, Saadeh P, Levine J, Hirsch D. The Use of Virtual 3DSurgery in Post-Traumatic Craniomaxillofacial reconstruction Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 69;3; 733-41. 2010