The CAPPSKIDS.ORG Second Opinion/Consult Portal is available to both parents and physicians.
An expert Second Opinion from a CAPPSKIDS.ORG Directory Specialist may be used for the following:

  • Confirmation of a new diagnosis
  • Evaluate current recommended treatment plan
  • Review non-surgical treatment plan

Please remember that a second opinion based only on images and medical records is necessarily limited to what is contained in those files. It cannot replace an in-person medical evaluation from a qualified physician.

A second opinion is a valuable resource when you are faced with difficult choices regarding your child’s treatment options. Depending on where you live and your availability for travel, you may have limited access to highly specialized care. CAPPSKIDS.ORG brings all of the condition specific specialists to you in one place allowing you to receive a 2nd opinion from a known specialist in this particular field.

CAPPSKIDS.ORG urges our families to discuss the second opinion program with their primary care physician. If you reside in the same state as the specialist with whom you are requesting a consult, you will not have to provide PCP information. If you reside in a state other than the state where you are requesting this evaluation/opinion, you will need to submit the referral form (link to referral form).

The CAPPSKIDS.ORG Second Opinion Program is a self-pay program with a minimal fee. Our fees are in place in order to fund the program. There are assistance programs in place so that if you have difficulty making this payment you can contact us to see if you qualify for a free consultation.

The CAPPSKIDS.ORG Second Opinion Program is user friendly and very simple to operate. There is technical assistance available when needed.

The CAPPSKIDS.ORG Second Opinion Program is HIPAA compliant and designed with patented security technology that keeps patient information safe. Image data is shared via a secure web link and can only be accessed by authorized personnel.

***Please note that if you reside in a state that is different than the state where you are requesting a consult, the report must be sent to your primary care provider. If you reside in the same state, the report will be sent directly to you.

Note: This program is NOT designed to handle medical emergencies. If this is a medical emergency, please immediately call your local emergency service number (911 in the United States) to get prompt medical attention, or go to your nearest hospital, emergency room, or urgent care center.